Confinement Day 7 in France: working and coping

This is Day 7 of confinement. 


Today, I basically worked all day. I prepared for a class that was supposed to happen this week. The answers will be published on the university online platform and we can ask questions to the professor there so I was preparing for that. In order to do so, I read multiple textbooks, some summaries and articles of doctrine in order to understand the law cases that were assigned to study (thus, I had to read cases). I've started preparing it last week but it has been hard to concentrate because emails keep coming in to give us instructions on various courses. It's hard to keep track of what to do and by when. 



However, today, I was productive. I was able to concentrate and find my own rhythm of work. I set small goals in my journal and then took them off of my to-do list as the day went. Also, I was actually motivated to start new things since my mind is calmer than last week due to the fact we know more about the situation and know more about what we should expect in the next few weeks, which was not the case a couple days ago.



As for the actual confinement, I think I'm coping not too badly. I went for a run yesterday morning and refreshed a little. There was no one there, unlike in Paris. It was as if it was during summer vacation. I live on a university campus and it is a little far from the downtown of the town I live in. So it's mostly students who live around here. During summer, students head home and this place becomes empty. And it's the same situation right now. Anyways, the run was good for clearing my mind. I might go for another run tomorrow if the weather permits it.



I'm generally good at staying inside without talking much to anyone. I grow up in a single-parent household and I was never a child who would go outside to play. I liked reading books, drawing, and just doing things at home. My mother worked and still works fulltime and sometimes long hours because she doesn't have a 9-to-5 job. I used to stay home alone a lot (which might surprise some people because it's actually illegal in some countries to do so, but not in Japan). So I don't feel lonely when I'm not with someone or I know how to cope with it.



Also, my experiences of living abroad are also helpful in a situation like this. I studied abroad for many years now that I'm okay with being far away from my family. The first time I studied abroad was when I was in high school. The second time was when I was a college student in Japan. And this is my third "study abroad" for me. It's true that it is hard living away from your parents and family members but you will get used to it over the years and you will appreciate more of what you have back home when you do go back. 



Today, I live with my partner so I'm not completely alone but during the weekday, we work in separate rooms and do not talk to each other while we are doing our own work or studies. His company is extremely helpful and I hope it is the same for him, too.



If you are studying abroad and have not been able to go home during this crisis, please don't hesitate to reach out to your friends (or me :)). 



Thank you always for reading! Take care, my friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in My Bag? Law Student in France

Living abroad could be stressful... 3 tips for keeping your mind healthy

Why I decided to stay in France during Coronavirus lockdown (Confinement Day 10 in France)