My English learning timeline (Confinement Day 11 in France)

I have written about my French learning timeline in this article. This time, I will tell you a little about my English learning timeline.

10 years-old: I went to the MA, USA with my mother for her job. She worked at an institution attached to a university. I was placed in a local public elementary school (not international nor Japanese school).

Middle school: I went back to Japan. I learned English at school (a public school) with other Japanese students. I also went to English conversation class twice a week so that I wouldn't forget it. Eiken Grade 2.

High school: I went to a public high school. During my Junior year, I went to the States again as an exchange student for 10 months. I was placed in a public school in WI, USA. Eiken Grade Pre 1 and 1.

Nothing much since then. I had English classes at my university twice a week for the first two years. I took some courses in English. I taught some high school students English as a private tutor (made decent money out of it). TOEFL iBT 100 at the end of university, if I remember it correctly.

During grad school and after graduating, I helped a professor with translation and other work using English and Japanese. 

I made a film with an American friend. I mostly did the translation work and interpretation. 

Today, I still teach English to a high school student in France as a private tutor. I'm originally her Japanese tutor, but I teach English on the side as well.


Although it's going to be beautiful outside this weekend (except for Tokyo apparently), stay inside and stay safe everyone! Thank you for reading as always. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in My Bag? Law Student in France

Living abroad could be stressful... 3 tips for keeping your mind healthy

Why I decided to stay in France during Coronavirus lockdown (Confinement Day 10 in France)